About the Journal
Journal of Vision is an online, open access, peer-reviewed scientific journal devoted to all aspects of visual function in humans and other organisms. The journal is published exclusively in digital form: full-text articles may be accessed for free via the internet. The journal encourages the effective use of color, multimedia, hyperlinks, program code, and other digital enhancements. Journal of Vision is published by the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), an international organization that advances research worldwide into understanding the visual system and preventing, treating and curing its disorders.
Impact factor for 2017: 2.266
Ranked #21 of 59 in the category Ophthalmology
2018 Release of Journal Citation Reports; Source: 2017 Web of Science Data
- Free access to full text of all articles from anywhere on the internet
- Content indexed on MEDLINE, and accessible through PubMed
- Indexed by ISI Web of Science and PsycInfo
- CrossRef enabled giving immediate access to a cited article
- A unique permanent URL and DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for each article, which can be linked to from other articles, web pages, e-mail, etc.
- Images, color, and movies can be included at no additional charge
- Source code (e.g. MATLAB and Mathematica files) can be included
- Data files (e.g. MAT, CSV, XLS, or text files) can be included
- Interactive demonstrations can be included
- Articles are published in both HTML and PDF formats
- Bibliographic references link to abstracts or full text of cited articles
- In-text citations link to bibliographic references
- Readers may be notified by e-mail whenever an article or issue is published
Journal of Vision publishes occasional special issues on topics of widespread interest. If you are interested in
organizing and serving as guest editor for a special issue, please contact the Editor-in-Chief.
For additional information regarding Journal of Vision contact one of the following: